Athlete Criteria –
All wrestlers participating in the RTC practice must meet one of the stated criteria below and must be current athlete members of USA Wrestling. All RTC athletes must be in good standing with the both the RTC and the RTC host site. In addition, all qualifying athletes MUST be USA Wrestling Members and have a current USA Wrestling Card for the effective year.
1. Won at least one match at a Senior USAW World or Olympic Team Trials
2. Placed top 8 at USAW Senior Open Championships
3. Placed top 8 at USAW U23 National Championship
4. Placed top 8 at UWW Junior National Championship
5. Placed top 8 at USAW Junior National Championship
6. Placed top 4 at USAW Junior Regional
7. Placed top 8 at USAW 16U National Championship
8. Placed top 8 at UWW Cadet National Championship
9. Placed top 6 at USAW State Junior Freestyle/Greco-Roman Championships
10. Placed top 6 at USAW State 16U Freestyle/Greco-Roman Championships
11. Placed top 4 at USAW Senior Regional
12. Placed top 4 at New York Athletic Club International
13. Placed top 4 at Dave Schultz Memorial International
14. Competed in a Continental Championships/Games, World Championships/Games at any age level
a. 5 year criteria does NOT apply
15. Any veteran athlete who has represented the U.S. within the last two years at the Veteran’s World
Championships or is scheduled to compete at the next world championship event
International athletes/coaches who currently represent a country other than the U.S. may attend on a limited basis based on approval of the NGB and RTC. These individuals must be of similar competitive caliber. These individuals may attend on an intermittent basis in order to enhance national team development.
Prospective Student-Athlete Requirements –
1. A PSA must live within 250 miles of an RTC to participate in practice. If there is no RTC within the boundaries listed above, the PSA may join the closest RTC to his residence by applying for an exemption through USA Wrestling.
a. The 250 mile radius is determined by using the home address of the athlete to the zip code of the regional training center.
b. Once a PSA has signed a National Letter of Intent, the 250 miles radius rule is no longer applicable and that PSA may attend the RTC of their choice.
2. A PSA may belong to more than one RTC.
3. A PSA may not practice at an RTC during that PSA’s traditional high school wrestling season. Dates are determined by the PSA’s State Activities Association.
4. If a PSA in not participating in their traditional high school season, they may attend RTC practice during the traditional folkstyle season.
5. A PSA that is graduated from high school and is taking a year off before matriculating to college, may practice during the traditional folkstyle season with a RTC.
6. Only the PSA or USA Wrestling can pay for a prospect to attend RTC practice.
7. An RTC may NOT pay travel expenses or fees associated with competition for the PSA.